Study Permit

Study Permit allows students to reside in Canada legally and to study in schools in Canada. Students can apply for Work Permit after graduation (PGWP). Study permit holder can work part-time during school year. Study permit is a starting point that can lead to work permit if you come to Canada as a visitor and you want to immigrate in the future.

In most cases, a study permit has to be applied for at a visa office outside Canada. If a foreign national who applies for a study permit requires a temporary resident visa to enter Canada, it is not necessary to make a separate visa application; an officer will issue the visa at the same time as the study permit.

To be eligible to study in Canada you must:

– have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
– prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
– be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
– be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
– satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada when you have completed your studies.

Book an Appointment

Giving us a bit of info now helps move things along more quickly.